Swim Team Booster Club Board
The Lake Park Swim Team Booster Club Board consists of hard-working volunteers who are charged with handling the operational and administrative elements of running a swim team.
So, what does a board member do?
- They are responsible for things like registration of swimmers, hiring coaches, designing swimsuits and other gear, fund-raising, recruiting sponsors, and making sure that expenses are taking care of on time.
- They work with the Village of Lake Park to ensure that the pool is reserved for scheduled practices, home meets, and other special events.
- They act as the team's representatives to the Greater Charlotte Swim League and make sure that we follow the rules set forth by the league.
In a nut shell, the board simply takes care of all the business parts of the team in order for the swimmers and their parents to have a fun and exciting swim season. If you have any concerns about the swim team program, please contact any of our board members.
Terms of Service:
Elected Board members’ terms of service shall consist of the following terms:
- President: 3 consecutive years
- Vice President: 3 consecutive years
- Treasurer: 3 consecutive years
- Non-Officers: 2 consecutive years
- Alternates: 2 Consecutive years
A term of service is defined as follows:
- A term begins immediately following their election at the annual meeting.
- Only one parent member or legal guardian member per family may serve on the board at a given time.
- A term can be extended by vote of the board or if there is insufficient volunteers to fill existing openings.
- A term begins in September and ends in September, unless otherwise voted upon by the board.
- Board member positions are volunteer and unpaid.
For more information, please see our current Team By-Laws.